Relationships and PSHE
PSHE and Relationships Education
Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) underpins life at The Roebuck School and enables our children to become healthy, independent and responsible members of society. Our pupils are encouraged to develop their sense of self-worth by playing a positive role in contributing to school life and the wider community. In order to prepare young children for their future, it is vital that they are equipped with the knowledge and skills that will enable them to become informed and independent citizens.
Our PSHE Curriculum has been carefully planned to support our pupils in progressively developing knowledge of:
- Identity, personal strengths, attitudes and skills;
- A healthy, balanced lifestyle;
- Healthy relationships, including online relationships;
- How to manage risks and stay safe, including online safety;
- Diversity and Equality;
- Drugs and their impact on a Healthy lifestyle;
- Rights, Responsibilites and Consent.
We provide a safe and supportive environment that supports and encourages pupils to ask questions in PSHE lessons. As appropriate, Question Boxes are also used to provide our children with the opportunity to ask a question that might arise during PSHE, privately or anonymously, if they prefer.